Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm very proud of us



As of yesterday, TJ and I are completely 100% DEBT FREE. Our cars are paid off, our credit accounts are closed. I don't mean to brag, I'm just very proud of us. I can't tell you what a relief it is not to have to pay those bills anymore. And from now on we will function on a cash only basis. I know it will probably be hard, but if we put our minds to it we will be able to do it. Also I read this really cool book about taking control of your finances and getting out of debt. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a way out. "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey. I know it sounds kinda hokey but it truly has the information needed to get out of debt. I know that it has changed the way I spend (which in no way was thrifty). I'm so excited to start my cash only budget. Its kinda one of those common sense books but as I was reading I kept thinking why haven't I know this and I should have thought of that. I still have a little more to read but this book has changed my life. I just hope that I can keep it this way.

3 comments:

Pearce Family said...

Congratulations! That is very cool. Did you pay off a mortgage also? My husband and I are in the process of the 'Total Money Makeover' We have 3 more loans and that is it, well that is excluding our mortgage. But My husband calls that good debt. Again congrats! That is really really cool.

katiejane85 said...

Everything has been paid off. Its a great feeling

Suzanna said...

Congrats! That is a HUGE accomplishment!